The Town’s EOC Group met today at 10:00 AM local time on a virtual online platform.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status – Active Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group will continue with a schedule of regular meetings, and will now utilize a virtual platform to minimize close contact during the meetings, unless conditions warrant assemble at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre. These meetings will continue on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
Next teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health has been scheduled for Wednesday, April 29th, 2020 tentatively scheduled for 1:15 PM. Immediately following this teleconference the Town’s EOC group will again conduct a situational update meeting using a virtual online platform.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
- The Town has secured the necessary supply of PPE for use in Town vehicles and use by Town staff. The Town is now in receipt of non-medical masks for use by Town staff, half of the Town’s order has been secured. The remainder of the shipment is expected the first of next week.
- The recommended Close Proximity and Screening Protocol recommended to the Town’s Administration by the Town’s Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) was reviewed and adopted by the Town’s Administration Committee at their meeting held via an online platform on April 23rd, 2020. This policy is scheduled for adoption by Sussex Council at its regularly scheduled Council meeting to be held on Monday, April 27th, 2020 beginning at 7:00 PM.
- Sourcing is now complete for infrared thermometer devices. The first Shipment has been received by the Town. All deliveries are expected prior to April 30th, 2020.
- The Town will conduct its first ever Council meeting streamed live online on a virtual feed beginning at 7:00 PM local time on Monday April 27th, 2020. The Town will provide shortly the online link to this meeting. The live stream will also be embedded in the Town’s website. www.sussex.ca
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day thirty eight (38) of our operational changes.
- The EOC Group is beginning the discussion on how and when to engage the Town’s normal compliment of summer students who assist the Town with parks maintenance. The group will wait one (1) additional week prior to making a recommendation to Sussex Council.
- Public access to the Town’s Tennis Courts, Basketball Court and Skate park, playgrounds, Bark Park and facilities remain locked from use. There is no change in status in this mitigation measure. The Town appreciates everyone’s patience with this necessary measure.
The Town will continue to request Town residents respect the direction and closure necessary under this provincial Emergency for the safety of everyone.
- Parks signage has been placed at all entrances to the Town’s Trial system and The Town has undertaken regular patrols on the trails system located within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Sussex.
- As of today’s date Friday April 24th, 2020; the Town continues encourage individuals and families to take time to exercise and be outdoors, but please do so responsibly. Our trails will remain open for use as we believe that they are a great resource for remaining physically and mentally well. The Town advises that if residents do choose to use our trails that they be mindful of maintaining appropriate distances between yourselves and others and also keeping control of your pets. Please observe the Town’s leash requirements and do not let pets run free for the safety of your fellow trail users.
The Town encourages responsible physical activity, and advise the public to stay spaced, stay safe and always stay healthy as we all work through this provincial emergency.
- The Town will assess the Phase 1 New Brunswick Recovery Plan upon receipt.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 10:00 AM local time Monday April 27th, 2020. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Wednesday April 27th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.