The Town’s EOC Control group have activated the Town’s emergency Operations Centre at 6:00 am Friday February 18, 2022. to Level 3 Full Activation.
Precautions / Operations undertaken to date.
- EOC Group will be actively monitoring conditions remotely throughout the evening hours.
- Monitoring of Trout Creek continues with favourable downward trends since 1:30 PM local time today, Friday February 18, 2022.
- The EOG group believe we are entering a favourable forecast with an end to our rainfall warning.
- The EOC Control Group has asked that Public Works to begin scheduling winter de-icing operations on Town Streets as the temperatures continue to drop.
- The following street closures remain authorized by Sussex EMO until 6:00 PM Friday, February 18, 2022:
a. Holman Avenue.
- The following street closures remain authorized by Sussex EMO until 8:00 PM Friday, February 18, 2022:
a. McLean Street, partial closure.
b. Mills Lane, Full closure.
c. Maxwell drive, partial closure.
d. Wallace Court, partial closure.
- The Town’s EOC group request that the barricaded streets be honored as the movement of unnecessary traffic can cause additional damage to impacted residents.
- The process of reenergizing the underground power to Jonah Court has been completed. Door to door inspections have been completed by a qualified electrician. Further assessment is ongoing of work necessary is currently underway on the remaining residential properties currently without power.
- The Town’s EMO service believes the risk of further ice jams and localize flooding risks have now ended.
The Town will undertake a final social media and website posting advising of the Emergency Operations Centre activation to Level 1 – Active monitoring.
Given the current conditions and event trending, and there are no notable events of significance, this message is intended to be the final message related to the Town’s Emergency activation on Friday February 18, 2022.