The EOC status changed to Level 3 Status – Full Activation, at 3:30 am local time.
The following is a timeline of the activation of the Town Emergency Operations Centre on a virtual online platform.
- 1:48 AM: SCADA alarm auto sent to members of Emergency Operations Control Group.
- 2:17 AM: Emergency Measures Coordinator contacts CAO Hatcher to review the remote river gauge readings.
- 2:25 AM: Virtual meeting started with Emergency Measures Coordinator Rick Horton, CAO Scott Hatcher, Fire Chief Bill Wanamaker, Community Services Director Jason Thorne, Director of Public Works Kris Butcher, Superintendent of Works Michel Grant, and Assistant Clerk, Tara Olesen.
- 3:30 AM: The EOC status changed to Level 3 Status by consensus of the Emergency Control Group – Full Activation.
- 3:30 AM: Sentinel Alert went out to all Emergency Contacts and Public Contacts regarding rising water levels and Fire Department procedures during COVID 19 event.
Social media news feeds updated with a text copy of the Town’s Sentinel Alert.
- 3:54 AM: EMC Horton reports water levels at Burton Park, and Tim Horton’s parking lot is beginning to flood.
- It is believed the river crested at approximately 4:20 AM at a level of 18.70 meters. Ongoing monitoring over the next several hours will be undertaken.
- 5:49 AM Call in of additional works staff to address issues related to Wastewater Pumping Stations, clearing of catch basin causing drainage issues, and monitoring of events at the direction of the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 1:00 PM local time Wednesday April 15th, 2020 immediately following the teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Barker. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Wednesday April 15th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.