The Town’s EOC Control group have activated the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre on Friday February 18, 2022 to Level 3 Full Activation effective at 6:00 am.
Precautions / Operations undertaken to date.
- EOC Coordinator Horton is on site to review firsthand the water levels, and ice jamming being experienced on Parsons Brook and Wards Creek.
- Close monitoring of Trout Creek is currently underway.
- A Emergency Sentinel Alert has been targeted to the McLean Street, Mills Lane, Stewart Avenue, Wallace Court ,as well as Jonah Court areas, as follows:
Residents in low lying areas should be advised that there has been a significant rise in river levels nearing flood stage.
Areas of Parson’s Brook and Wards Creek are being impacted by ice jams.
The Town of Sussex Emergency Operations Centre has been activated to Level 3 – Full Activation. Equipment is onsite clearing the jams.
Please take all necessary steps to secure your home and belongings and have ready any medications and essentials you require in the event that you are asked to evacuate.
Please monitor local media and weather forecasts for further details.
- The EOC Control Group has asked that Public Works schedule works crews though today to address drainage issues as they arise.
- A further assessment of increasing our complement of public works staff to address issues past the normal workday hours will be undertaken at 3:00 pm this afternoon.
The Sussex Fire Department will be in the affected areas to assist residents if needed.