On Monday, December 13th the Province announced new measures which impacted operations at the 8th Hussars Sports Centre, among many other venues.
Since this time, staff have been seeking clarification from the Province concerning public skating, particularly as it relates to youth under 12.
Regretfully this clarification was not received until after we had posted our own advisory just before the end of the business day December 17th.
The clarification received references article 33 of the revised mandatory order which states:
33. Organized sport for children under age 12 is prohibited, as are all other organized activities for children under 12 gathering together other than in facilities covered by the Early Childhood Services Act. Exception: family gatherings that are otherwise consistent with this order are permitted.
In light of this we must inform our users that the following measures will be in place for public skating at the 8th Hussars Sports Centre for the foreseeable future:
– Public skating will be available to participants 12+ who must provide proof of vaccination and age for entry,
– Masks must be worn at all times in the building, including on the ice surface.
– Outside food and drink is not permitted.
– Venue capacity will be limited to 50% with a 2m physical distance maintained at all times
Public skating times are as follows:
December 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 from 12 to 3pm.
We sincerely apologize for the confusion this has caused.