Under Phase 3 (Yellow) announcement by Premier Higgs, May 22nd, 2020:
Under the Current public health alert level, May 22, 2020, New Brunswick has moved to the Yellow level. During this time, Public Health measures and guidelines must still be followed, and to that end the following schedule has been approved by the Town’s EOC for a phased re-opening of the Town’s Parks and Community Services facilities. The following Park requirements are necessary for safety practices and for the enjoyment of all:
- All patrons are required to bring their own hand sanitizer. The Town will “promote” good hand hygiene practices and the Town will require all patrons using these facilities.
- All Patrons are required to practice physical distancing when using these facilities.
- Please be patient with fellow park users.
- Enjoy responsible outdoor fitness and park use.
- All patrons are then required to follow the Operational Plan of the Town of Sussex, the strict direction of the Town of Sussex employees, Public Safety Officials, and the Town’s RCMP Detachment.
- Signage of the best practices will be posted by the Town advising patrons of the requirements to use these Town Facilities.
Park Facility Schedule: May 22 to May 29, 2020:
- Effective Friday, May 22, 2020 public access to the Town’s Leonard’s Gate Facility is now permitted.
- Effective Friday, May 22, 2020 public access to the Town’s Tennis Courts are now permitted.
- Effective Friday May 22, 2020, 4:00 PM local time public access to the Skate park will now be permitted with an access limit of five (5) patrons at any one time.
- Effective Friday May 22, 2020, 4:00 PM local time public access to six (6) Park locations with Playground Play Structures (O’Connell, Malone, Oak, Pearson, Barbour’s, Sunnyside Drive Parks), with the exception of the new O’Connell Park Kiwanis Comfort Station and the Splash Pad, will now be permitted.
- Effective Friday May 22, 2020, 4:00 PM local time public access to Bark Park, will now be permitted.
- Effective Friday May 29, 2020 public access to the Basketball Court the facility will be permitted.
- To Be Determined; the Town is currently working with Sussex Minor Baseball and Sussex Softball to review and approve an Operational Plan for the Town’s Baseball fields. This field facilities will remain closed to the Public until further notice.