Pursuant to the announcement by Premier Higgs on today’s date, May 28th, 2020 the easing of the restrictions listed below have now been delayed to a later date.
- Outdoor gatherings of 50 people or fewer with physical distancing are not permitted. Religious services of 50 people or fewer can no longer take place indoors with physical distancing.
- Elective surgeries and other non-emergency health-care services will remain at Yellow at Phase 1.
- Low-contact team sports cannot be played.
- The following will continue to remain closed:
- Swimming pools, saunas and waterparks
- Gyms, yoga and dance studios
- Rinks and indoor recreational facilities
- Pool halls and bowling alleys
Accordingly the Town of Sussex will now delay the planned reopening of the Basketball Court and its immediate facilities to remain compliant with the provincial directive. All municipal facilities which were previously opened under the phased re-opening plan will remain open.
A friendly reminder to all users of Town’s Parks and Community Services facilities. The following Park requirements are necessary for safety practices and for the enjoyment of all:
- All patrons are required to bring their own hand sanitizer. The Town will “promote” good hand hygiene practices and the Town will require all patrons using these facilities.
- All Patrons are required to practice physical distancing when using these facilities.
- Please be patient with fellow park users.
- Enjoy responsible outdoor fitness and park use.
- All patrons are then required to follow the Operational Plan of the Town of Sussex, the strict direction of the Town of Sussex employees, Public Safety Officials, and the Town’s RCMP Detachment.
- Signage of the best practices will be posted by the Town advising patrons of the requirements to use these Town Facilities.