Monday March 30th, 2020 Update Report #8 – 3:30 PM.
The Town’s EOC Group met today at 10:00 AM local time at the Town’s Emergency Operations.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status –Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group continues with a schedule of regular meetings at the Town’s EOC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day thirteen (13) of our operational changes, minor changes continue to be implemented.
- Public access to the Town’s Tennis Courts, Basketball Court and Skate park, playgrounds and facilities remain locked from use. There is no change in status in this mitigation measure.
. The Town requests that residents respect the direction and closure necessary under this Emergency.
- The Town will close the Bark Park located off MacLeod Street as of today’s date. The Town apologizes for this inconvenience.
- As of today’s date Monday March 30th, 2020; the Town continues encourage individuals and families to take time to exercise and be outdoors, but please do so responsibly. Our trails will remain open for use as we believe that they are a great resource for remaining physically and mentally well. The Town advises that if residents do choose to use our trails please be mindful of maintaining appropriate distances between yourselves and others and also keeping control of your pets. Please observe the Town’s leash requirements and do not let pets run free for the safety of your fellow trail users.
- The EOC Group is near the completion of the process of setting up a virtual meeting platform for Sussex Town Council. This process is anticipated to be complete by Tuesday, March 31st, 2020. A test meeting will follow to identify issues with the electronic platform in preparation of our upcoming meeting schedule.
- The EOC Group has begun the necessary preparation to set-up a teleconference for the next Planning Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for April 22nd, 2020.
- A non-mandatory Town staff meeting was completed at 1:00 PM, Monday March 30th, 2020 to bring staff up to date and seek operational improvement input from each staff member. The majority of staff participated in this information session and the meeting provided a great forum for safety measures necessary to provide the Town’s essential services.
- Our review with Town staff continues to develop adjustments necessary for Town staff to deliver essential services to Town residents in each department. We continue to update necessary changes in protocols where duties that require multiple staff to complete any process. All necessary precautions for staff that involves additional PPE are being taken.
- The Town’s Community Services Department has cancelled the 2020 Ball Hockey program and will be offering full refund to those participants who have prepaid for these scheduled April programs. The Town will apologize for any inconvenience this decision has caused.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 1:00 PM local time Wednesday April 1st, 2020 immediately following the teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Barker. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Wednesday April 1st, 2020 at 3:30 PM.