The Town’s EOC Group met today at 10:00 AM local time at the Town’s Emergency Operations.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status – Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group continues with a schedule of regular meetings at the Town’s EOC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
– The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day tenth (10) of our operational changes, minor changes continue to be implemented.
– Public access to the Town’s Tennis Courts, Basketball Court and Skate park have been locked from use following public complaints. Continued use have indicated the sites promoted places of where groups had been gathering. Contact will be made with the Sussex Detachment of the RCMP to advise Town staff if issues are identified during the RCMP patrols.
– The EOC Group have begun the process of setting up a virtual meeting platform for Sussex Town Council. This process is anticipated to be complete by Tuesday March 31st, 2020. A test meeting will follow to identify issues with the electronic platform in preparation of our upcoming meeting schedule.
– A non-mandatory Town staff meeting is now scheduled for 1:00 PM Monday March 30th to bring staff up to date and seek operational improvement input from each staff member.
– Our review with Town staff continues to develop adjustments necessary for Town staff to deliver essential services to Town residents in each department. We have updated a protocol where duties that require multiple staff to complete the process, it will now become necessary that the staff involved use additional PPE. The requirement of using a N95 mask will now be mandatory for such operations. The Sussex Fire Department provided the necessary supply of masks to begin this protocol.
– A new protocol to operate the Town’s fuel pumps where mandatory use of gloves will now be necessary. We are requesting the staff wipe the nozzle before and after use for the foreseeable future.
– Resource information and guidance websites developed by the Canadian Public Works Association and the American Public Works Association have been forwarded to Town Staff. The following are the resource information links:
– The group discussed issues related to multiple staff commuting to job sites in Town in a single vehicles. Department heads are requested to advise staff the necessity of traveling alone to a job site to maintain social distancing.
– The EOC Coordinator advised the group contact has been made with the executive of Sussex Sharing Club related to their operation. No issues identified to date other than the changes in operations imitated by the Club.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 1:00 PM local time Monday March 30th, 2020. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Monday March 30th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.