The Town’s EOC Group met today at 1:00 PM local time at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre following the teleconference with Dr. Barker, District Medical Officer of Health.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status – Active Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group continues with a schedule of regular meetings at the Town’s EOC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
Next teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health has been scheduled for Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 tentatively scheduled for 1:00 PM. Immediately following this teleconference the Town’s EOC group will again conduct a situational update meeting at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day eight (8) of our operational changes, minor changes continue to be implemented.
- Public access to the Town’s playground structures has been restricted beginning on March 23rd, 2020.
- The Town has developed a web presence portal utilizing Youtube to undertake virtual Council meetings in the future and if necessary.
- A non-mandatory Town staff meeting is planned for 1:00 PM Monday March 30th to bring staff up to date and seek operational improvement input from each staff member.
- The EOC group has recommended to the Town’s Building Inspector that for building inspections for the foreseeable future that the guidance document provided through the Fire Marshall’s office for Fire Inspections be followed by the Building Inspector.
- Our review with Town staff continues to develop adjustments necessary for Town staff to deliver essential services to Town residents in each department.
- A review of surface cleaning protocol and a check list of necessary surface cleaning has been provided to the Town’s janitorial contractor.
- The group continues to provide targeted messaging developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Town will continue a targeted launch of their community information posters distributed electronically on the Town’s web presence.
- The Town continues to use remote meeting software launch with the Town’s EMO Coordinator accessing today’s meeting remotely from home. The group will undertake and record this Friday’s meeting to secure a record and provide valuable feedback post event review.
- Monitoring the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the province continues. Up to date information issued by the Province of New Brunswick can be found at the following link: https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/ocmoh/cdc/content/respiratory_diseases/coronavirus.html
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 10:00 AM local time Friday March 27th, 2020 It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Friday March 27th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.