Monday March 23rd, 2020 Update Report #5 – 3:30 PM.
The Town’s EOC Group met today at 10:00 AM local time at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status –Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged, however the group discussed if a change in this status was warranted. Collectively a recommendation was adopted to remain at Level 1.
The Town’s EOC Group has scheduled regular meetings at the Town’s EOC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
Next teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 at 1:00 PM. Immediately following this teleconference the Town’s EOC group will again conduct a situational update meeting at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day six (6) of our operational changes, a few minor changes continue to be implemented.
- The EOC Group recommended to Mayor Thorne, in the abundance in caution, to close to the public the Town’s playground structures. On today’s date Town staff will complete the necessary steps to post notice of these closures.
- The group continues to provide targeted messaging developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Town will continue a targeted launch of their community information posters distributed electronically on the Town’s web presence.
- The Town continues to use remote meeting software launch with the Town’s EMO Coordinator and a few department heads accessing today’s meeting remotely from home.
- Monitoring the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the province continues. Up to date information issued by the Province of New Brunswick can be found at the following link: https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/ocmoh/cdc/content/respiratory_diseases/coronavirus.html
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 1:00 PM local time Wednesday March 25th, 2020 immediately following the teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Barker. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Wednesday March 25th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.