Friday March 20th, 2020 Update Report #4 – 2:45 PM.
The Town’s EOC Group met today at 10:00 AM local time at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre.
The EOC is will be placed at a Level 1 Status – Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group has scheduled regular meetings at the Town’s EOC on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
Next teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 25th, 2020.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day 3 of our operational changes, a few minor changes have been implemented.
- The group also believes the document attached developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) entitled getting the Workplace Ready for Covid-19 is the best in best practices available / found thus far. Many of the recommendations contained within have been undertaken in some capacity by the Town’s staff and cleaning contractors. This recommendation has been implemented today. Informative information can be found at the following link: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- Given the informative available through the WHO the Town will begin a targeted launch of their community information posters distributed electronically on the Town’s web presence. There are informative posters on Glove use, social distancing, stress and how to discuss the issues with children.
- The Town has tested the remote meeting software launch with the Town’s EMO Coordinator accessing today’s meeting remotely form home.
- Monitoring the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the province indicates the province has not had any new confirmed nor presumptive cases in New Brunswick. Up to date information issued by the Province of New Brunswick can be found at the following link: https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/ocmoh/cdc/content/respiratory_diseases/coronavirus.html
Next EOC meeting scheduled for 10:00 AM local time Monday March 23rd, 2020. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Monday March 23rd, 2020 at 3:00 PM.