Friday, November 20th, 2020 Update Report #37 – 2:56 PM.
The Town’s EOC Group met today at 2:30 PM local time on a virtual online platform with Health Zone 2 Municipal Officials, Department of Health Medical Officer of Health and the Department of Local Government Officials. The Province has advised it has scheduled a press conference for a COVID-19 update for Health Zone 2 at 3:30 PM local time today.
Health Zone 2 – will move to the Orange Level at midnight tonight, November 20, 2020.
The Town’s EOC remains at a Level 1 Status –Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group has reduced its schedule of regular meetings utilizing a virtual platform to minimize close contact during the meetings.
This teleconference highlighted the following:
- Our Health Zone is in a delicate state / situation described as in a combustive state, and the need of everyone’s active participation in all Public Health measures is needed now more than ever.
- Evidence of extensive and rapid acceleration of cases that prompted consideration to place our Health Zone 2 in RED.
- ORANGE Phase restrictions have been approved by the Provincial Cabinet Committee effective at midnight November 20, 2020.
- Doubling of cases in a very short time in our Health Zone.
- Outbreak in care facility that is concerning.
- A number of health care professionals currently in isolation.
- There has been evidence of public noncompliance with the required public health measures adopted by the Provincial Mandatory Order. Concern highlighted.
- Evidence of noncompliance to supply correct contact information when asked. This interferes in accurate information to Public Health.
The Town has been asked to assist in public messaging:
- Follow current public health guidelines. It is necessary that we all follow these simple measures to protect everyone’s health.
- Take the necessary time to review the new requirements in the ORANGE Phase.
- Stay home if you are sick, and do not assume it is just a simple cold.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Keep your numbers to a minimum to close contacts, in small groups, and be as consistent as possible.
- Mandatory masking is critical to address our current ORANGE Phase.
- Follow Health directives. Your help is needed now more than ever.
The Town will announce the following changes to upcoming events:
- The Mayor’s Christmas Tree lighting ceremony scheduled for Friday November 27th, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The Town will reassess the scheduled Santa Claus parade prior to December 01, 2020.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM local time Wednesday November 25th, 2020. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next Public Update report on Wednesday November 25th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.