The Town’s EOC Group met today at 11:00 AM local time on a virtual online platform, rescheduled to Friday as a result of the Canada Day Holiday. Our meeting scheduled have been reduced to a Wednesday meeting schedule unless the situation warrants further meetings.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status –Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group has reduced its schedule of regular meetings utilizing a virtual platform to minimize close contact during the meetings. These meetings will continue on Wednesday’s for the foreseeable future and will be reported internally. Beginning the week of May 04th, 2020 our public updates will be provided on Wednesday’s only unless other developments warrant additional advisories.
A previously scheduled teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health for Tuesday June 30th, 2020 has been postponed to a future date. The next teleconference with the District Medical Officer of Health is currently being reviewed for a reduced frequency schedule and will be rescheduled in the near future.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
Under Phase 3 (Yellow) announcement by Premier Higgs, May 22nd, 2020, and subsequent reductions in restrictions / amendments to the Mandatory Emergency Order:
Under Phase 3 (Yellow), several activities and openings are now permitted, subject to maintaining physical distancing measures, general guidelines from Public Health and the Guidelines for New Brunswick Workplaces issued by WorkSafe NB.
Under the Current public health alert level, May 22, 2020, all of New Brunswick has now moved to an adjusted Yellow level. During this time, Public Health measures and guidelines must still be followed.
In the announcement and revised Mandatory Order the following are now allowed:
• The Atlantic Bubble began on today’s date.
OTHER ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES AT TODAY’S MEETING:
To provide recognition of the significant contributions by the Sussex Kiwanis Club and the Province of New Brunswick a ribbon cutting ceremony is being planned on Saturday July 04th, 2020 and a virtual recording of this opening will be posted online following the ceremonial opening for public view.
- A review of signage of the best practices will be posted by the Town at all facilities advising patrons of the requirements to use these Town Facilities consistent with a regional approach of municipal playgrounds. The Town will “promote” good hand hygiene practices and the Town will require all patrons using these facilities bring the necessary hand sanitizer with them prior to arrival at these facilities, physical distancing and patience to the fellow park users.
- Public access to the Sussex Fire Station, Sussex Works Garage, Jubilee Hall, and 8th Hussars Sports Centre remain restricted until further notice. There is no immediate plans to change this status as a mitigation measure under Phase 2 or Phase 3 of the Government Recovery Plan.
- The Town has developed and posted online guidelines and an approval process for the general use by family groups, community events, corporate entities wishing to gather on Town owned lands / out of door facilities to establish the requirements of any user or occupier of the lands and / or facilities to abide by and follow such reasonable steps as to limit / prevent gatherings of people more than fifty (50) people whereby a person, group or entity where the gathering implies common intent or purpose associated with socializing, celebration, ceremony, or entertainment for use of Town lands or out of doors facilities.
- Town Hall has opened with a strict Operational Plan requiring physical distancing practice for the patrons visiting the Town Hall Facility on Thursday May 21st, 2020.
While the facilities are occupied by staff to maintain critical and essential infrastructure throughout the Town contact with The town can be accessed by telephone at our main telephone line (506) 432-4540 during regular business hours and 24/7 though the Town’s answering service at the same telephone number. Our focus of maintaining the operations of the Town’s water, wastewater, and transportation systems remain our priority and our Town is working to bringing other services into operation moving forward. The Town appreciates everyone’s patience with these necessary measures.
The Town will continue to request Town residents respect the direction and the above noted closures necessary under this provincial Emergency for the safety of everyone.
- Given the Phase 3 announcements the Town continues to review the Plan for the Jubilee Hall and the final stages of development by the senior’s stakeholders group.
- As of today’s date Friday July 03rd, 2020; the Town continues encourage individuals and families to take time to exercise and be outdoors, but please do so responsibly. Our trails, parks and put of door facilities remain open for use as we believe that they are a great resource for remaining physically and mentally well. The Town advises that if residents do choose to use our trails and facilities that they be mindful of maintaining appropriate distances between yourselves and others and also keeping control of your pets. Please observe the Town’s leash requirements and do not let pets run free for the safety of your fellow trail users.
The Town encourages responsible physical activity, and advise the public to stay spaced, stay safe and always stay healthy as we all work through this provincial emergency.
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation.
- The Town will conduct its committee meetings in person for our meeting schedule the scheduled week of July 13th, 2020. Our fourth Council meeting will be streamed live online on a virtual feed at 7:00 PM local time on Monday July 20th, 2020.
- The Town continues to assess the Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the New Brunswick Recovery Plan and will provide more specific detail when available. The provincial news conferences will now only be conducted Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week unless the situation warrants otherwise.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM local time Wednesday July 15th, 2020. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next Public Update report on Wednesday July 15th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.