The Town’s EOC Group met today at 10:00 AM local time on a virtual online platform.
The EOC remains at a Level 1 Status –Enhanced Monitoring, unchanged.
The Town’s EOC Group will continue with a schedule of regular meetings, and will now utilize a virtual platform to minimize close contact during the meetings, unless conditions warrant assemble at the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre. These meetings will continue on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s for the foreseeable future.
ACTION ITEMS – ISSUES ADDRESSED AT TODAY’S MEETING:
- The EOC Group again reviewed the pump repair conducted on Tuesday March 31st, 2020. Normal operation of the WWPS has been maintained.
- The Town has secured the necessary supply of disposable seat covers for use in Town vehicles.
- The Town has received communication form NBEMO that enforcement actions have been carried out with businesses operating within Sussex that should have been closed given the emergency declaration by the Province of New Brunswick. Voluntary compliance has been achieved.
- The EOC Group reviewed with each department any operational issues experienced during our essential service operation. Now in day seventeen (17) of our operational changes, no new changes have been implemented as a result of this meeting.
- Public access to the Town’s Tennis Courts, Basketball Court and Skate park, playgrounds, Bark Park and facilities remain locked from use. There is no change in status in this mitigation measure. The Town appreciates everyone’s patience with this necessary measure.
The Town will continue to request Town residents respect the direction and closure necessary under this provincial Emergency for the safety of everyone.
- As of today’s date Friday April 3rd, 2020; the Town continues encourage individuals and families to take time to exercise and be outdoors, but please do so responsibly. Our trails will remain open for use as we believe that they are a great resource for remaining physically and mentally well. The Town advises that if residents do choose to use our trails that they be mindful of maintaining appropriate distances between themselves and others and also keeping control of their pets. Please observe the Town’s leash requirements and do not let pets run free for the safety of fellow trail users.
- The EOC Group is has completed the process of setting up a virtual meeting platform for Sussex Town Council. The platform tested as expected, and this group has used that platform for today’s emergency control group virtual meeting.
- The Emergency Control Group has reviewed river data available as of today’s date to assess if there are issues related to spring melt of snow cover. There are no issues related to river flow or issues foreseen in the immediate future given the forecasts reviewed on today’s date. Continuous monitoring will be ongoing over the next several weeks by the Town’s Emergency Control Group.
- The EOC Group is in the process of setting up the necessary preparation for a teleconference call in meeting for the next Planning Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for April 8th, 2020. A date of April 22nd has been communicated in error in previous updates.
- The Town has requested the Regional Service Commission 8 review the Town’s recommendations relayed by our collection contractor relayed on March 27th, 2020. No accommodation has been forthcoming by the Commission.
Next EOC meeting is scheduled for 10:00 AM local time Monday April 6th, 2020. It is our intent, unless otherwise warranted, to provide the next update report Monday April 6th, 2020 at 3:30 PM.