Please note the following when completing the application below:
Deadline for Applications - March 31st, 2019. Submissions will be accepted after this date, however preference will be given to those submitted before this date.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE:
1) FULL TIME STUDENTS which means as of March 2019 you must be:
• Attending High School full time; or
• Attending a post secondary institution taking at least 4 full-time courses; and
• You must be returning to school in the fall of 2019.
2) BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR POSITIONS:
1. All students offered a position must provide a Criminal Record check. PLEASE NOTE: only students offered a position will be required to provide a criminal record check.
2. All successful candidates will, as a condition of employment, be required to attend a Training Seminar given by the Community Services and/or Works Department scheduled at the commencement of employment.
3. All summer staff are expected to be available to work the entire summer season. Individuals not available for the whole summer will be considered last. As this is a summer position only, very limited time off is available. Time not requested in advance is very unlikely to be granted.
4. Copies of all pertinent qualifications must be attached to your application or it will not be considered.
5. Preference where appropriate is given to university/college students studying in a related field.
6. Preference for positions is given to applicants based on qualifications, experience, past work record, and those who have worked successfully in these programs in previous years.
Jobs you could apply for:
Labourer – Community Services Department
Maintenance of ball fields, trails, parks, playgrounds, arena, and more. Other maintenance tasks as required.
$11.50/hr, 40 hrs/week, May 9 - August 30, 2019.
8th Hussars Sports Centre - Outside
Tourism Centre Supervisor - Community Services Department
Supervision of operations of the municipal visitor information centre.
$12.25/hr, 40 hrs/week May 9 - August 30, 2019 (Potential for additional fall hours)
Tourism Centre (Train Station)
Tourism Centre Councilor - Community Services Department
Providing information to visitors. Maintaining cleanliness of visitor information centre.
$11.75/hr, 40hrs/week May 9 - August 30, 2019
Tourism Centre (Train Station)
Administrative Support – Community Services
Providing customer service to patrons of the Community Services Department. Other support functions as needed.
$12.25/hr, 40 hrs/week May 9 - August 30, 2019
8th Hussars Sports Centre
Labourer – Works Department
Maintenance of lawn/ turf areas. Other maintenance tasks as required.
$11.50/hr, 40hrs/week May 9 - August 30, 2019
Works Centre - Outside
Mapping of storm sewer and other utility field information. Data Entry. Engineering/ survey assistance.
$13.25/hr, 40hrs/ week May 9 - August 30, 2019
Town Hall - Outside
Administrative Support – Town Office
Providing customer service and support to Town Administration. Other support functions as needed.
$12.25/hr, 37.5 hrs/week May 9 - August 30, 2019
To submit your name for consideration you can either print the application package below and return to Town Hall, or complete the online application below.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED YOUR SUBMISSION HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED BY THE TOWN OF SUSSEX. PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL REQUIRED FIELDS ARE COMPLETED PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.