- The Town requests all citizens to assist in the mitigation efforts implemented by our Public Health Professionals in our Region. We are in this together and let us all assist in their efforts.
- Public access to the Town’s Tennis Courts, Basketball Court, Ball fields, Skate park, Playground Play Structures, Bark Park and each of their facilities will be reopened to public use effective 11:50PM local time January 26th, 2021.
There is no immediate planning to change the status as a mitigation measure given the winter has made the facilities less than ideal for public use.
- Public access to Town Hall, Sussex Regional Library, Jubilee Hall, and 8th Hussars Sports Centre will operate in the Orange Phase Restrictions.
While the facilities are occupied by staff and patrons during the Orange Phase our message continues for everyone to maintain critical and essential infrastructure throughout the Town. Contact with The Town can be accessed in person or by telephone at our main telephone line (506) 432-4540 during regular business hours and 24/7 though the Town’s answering service at the same telephone number.
- Our focus of maintaining the operations of the Town’s water, wastewater and transportation systems remain our priority. The Town appreciates everyone’s patience with these necessary changes to precautionary measures.
- Town Parks and trails have signage placed at all entrances The Town has and will continue to undertake regular patrols on our trails system located within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Sussex as required by the Provincial emergency directive to maintain public safety.
- As of today’s date January 26th, 2021; the Town continues encourage individuals and families to take time to exercise and be outdoors, but please do so responsibly. Our trails will remain open for use as we believe that they are a great resource for remaining physically and mentally well. The Town advises that if residents do choose to use our trails that they be mindful of maintaining appropriate distances between yourselves and others and also keeping control of your pets. Mask use is mandatory under the ORANGE PHASE. Please observe the Town’s leash requirements and do not let pets run free for the safety of your fellow trail users.
The Town encourages responsible physical activity, and advises the public to stay spaced, wear a mask, stay safe and always stay healthy as we all work through this provincial emergency.