Based on the recommendations of the Chief Medical Officer of New Brunswick, to help slow the rate of COVID-19 and to protect vulnerable populations including seniors and those with compromised immune systems, the Town of Sussex has cancelled most Town-operated programs and closed a number of municipal facilities.
Town of Sussex Employees & Essential Services
- Department Heads have been working on the development of and categorizing services into essential and non-essential.
- The Town has deemed the operation of the Municipal Water System as an essential service. The following operational changes will be undertaken:
- Potability testing undertaken within private residences will be relocated to external access points to maintain potability testing and to satisfy the Town’s testing requirements under its approval to operate.
- Sewer system operational testing will remain unchanged, but the system will be operated as a critical public service.
- Winter maintenance operations will be maintained as an essential service uninterrupted for the remainder of the winter.
- Staffing will be implemented in a rotational sequencing to maintain operations daily, but limit contact with others
- Sussex Fire Department developing response complements to limit exposure and still provide effective emergency response services.
- Spring Cleanup has been postponed to May 26 & 27, 2020.