Based on the recommendations of the Chief Medical Officer of New Brunswick, to help slow the rate of COVID-19 and to protect vulnerable populations including seniors and those with compromised immune systems, the Town of Sussex has cancelled most Town-operated programs and closed a number of municipal facilities.
- Some Town of Sussex facilities and departments are closed to the public until further notice, including:
- Online services remain available:
- The following is the status of Town of Sussex facilities under this Phase of the Province’s Recovery Plan
- With the exception of the facilities mentioned above, all municipal properties are open to the public subject to the direction of the Town’s operational plan and/or the operational plan of the facility user group (i.e Sussex Tennis Association, Sussex Regional Library, etc).
Signage of the best practices will be posted by the Town at all facilities advising patrons of the requirements to use these Town Facilities. The Town will promote good hand hygiene practices and the Town will require all patrons using these facilities bring the necessary hand sanitizer with them prior to arrival at these facilities, physical distancing and patience to the fellow users.
Sussex Nature Walkway
- Municipal walking trails remain open, however users must follow social distancing requirements as per posted signage.
- The Town continues to encourage individuals and families to take time to exercise and be outdoors, but please do so responsibly. Our trails will remain open for use as we believe that they are a great resource for remaining physically and mentally well.
- The Town advises that if residents do choose to use our trails that they be mindful of maintaining appropriate distances between yourselves and others and also keeping control of your pets. Please observe the Town’s leash requirements and do not let pets run free for the safety of your fellow trail users.